C.N. (Madhu) Madhusudan is the founder and CEO of VectorSpan Inc., an enterprise focused on enabling companies to plan their growth/exit strategy, engineer inorganic growth and make integration and cross border transactions successful.
He was an early member of the team that built NIIT in India. In 1991, he relocated to the US to build NIIT’s first overseas presence for its outsourcing businesses. As President and COO, he led NIIT’s largest overseas operation and was nominated twice for the Atlanta International Business Award for outstanding leadership and role in the growth of Atlanta as an international business center. Subsequently, he became President of NIIT Ventures and led new venture investment initiatives and acquisitions in the US and Europe.
An accomplished deal maker, his core competencies include strategic analysis, business evaluation, cross border issues management, transaction management and complex negotiations.
He is a TIE Global Trustee, mentor, past Chairman and President of TiE Atlanta and past Chairman of the Board of the Georgia Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (GIACC). As a speaker, he has addressed audiences at events of the World Bank, IFC, IMF, Institute for International Research, World Education Market, Council for Entrepreneurial Development, GeorgiaTech, Emory University, Columbia Business School, SIBF, IIT Mumbai and UNESCO. At the University of Michigan, he led several bootcamps for business owners on Exit Strategy and Value Maximization.
He received the 2007 “Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award”, for innovation, leadership and vision in business. As a philatelist he has won several awards in international exhibitions and was recognized by the Government of India for his services to Indian Philately.
He studied at the St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore, and the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. His professional education includes Business Evaluation at the Harvard Business School.
Specialties: Setting up, acquiring and operating businesses in Europe, India and the United States. Expertise areas include launching new businesses, strategy, turnaround management, outsourcing, strategic investments, cross border deals, complex negotiations and acquisitions.
- Founder & CEO – VectorSpan Inc
- Charter Member – TiE Atlanta
- Member of Board of Directors – TiE Atlanta
- Chairman of the Board of Directors – TiE Atlanta
- President – TiE Atlanta
- Member of the Global Board of Trustees – TiE
- Member of the Board – Thinksoft Global Services (SQS/Expleo)
- Board Member/Director – Room Solutions Ltd.
- Board Member/President/VP/Regional Director – NIIT Limited/ NIIT USA Inc. / NIIT Technologies (now CoForge)
- President, NIIT Ventures – NIIT USA Inc. / NIIT Technologies Inc. (now CoForge)
- Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board – AD Solutions AG
- Chairman of the Board – GIACC
- Regional Director/Regional Manager/ Group Manager – NIIT Limited
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad – MBA, Strategy
- Harvard Business School – Strategic Financial Analysis for Business Evalution
- St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore – Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- St. Joseph’s Indian High School SJIHS Bangalore – High School